A standard operating procedure is a set of step-by-step instructions compiled by an organization to help employees to carry out routine operations. SOPs aim to achieve efficiency, quality output and consistent uniformity of performance, while reducing miscommunication and failure to comply with industry regulations
The objective of a SOP is to provide detailed instructions on how to carry out a task so that any team member can carry out the task correctly every time. The purpose of a SOP should restate and expand a well-written title.
Benefits for maintaining SOP
- Ensure consistency and standardized processes
- Ease in replication & organized growth
- Reduce the learning curve for new employees & facilitate increased productivity
- Delegate tasks & ensure business continuity
- Improves performance management